Thursday, November 18, 2010

Amun

Back in one of my blogs  I tolled you about Amun and now I can tell you more.Amun is the Sun-God of ancient Egypt.So Ra was not the only Sun-God. Amun`s name sounds like he has a lot of secrets because his name  means concealed one. Amun did not become  the precemintent, all-powerful deity until the eighteenth dynasty.He must of waited a long time to be powerful. About a 200 or so years Amun merged with Ra the northern Sun-God and the became Amun-Ra ( the KING OF GODS). Back then I don't know why but the worshiping of Amun became widespread, and the priest who served the deity were rich and powerful.Two of my favorite things.

3 comments:

  1. Amun and Ra joining? That sounds pretty cool! They must have been pretty powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats sound werid them joining i think that will be bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Amun keep alot of secrets? I enjoyed reading your blog it was very informative.

    ReplyDelete